Stress effects all our lives. It is considered the biggest cause of disease and depression in western society. Some of us are so stressed that we barely know how it feels to be as truly relaxed and peaceful as we naturally should.
What is Stress
- Burn Out
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Nervous Breakdown
- Unable to Cope
- High Toxicity
What Creates Stress?
- Toxicity – hormones, medication, pollutants
- Nutritional depletion – Low protein diets, High sugar diets, Caffeine, Alcohol
- Extreme Physical Training
- Mental or Emotional
- Circumstances eg Financial, family, death, divorce, Illness
- Over working / workaholic – No downtime
- Fast-paced, high-stress, fear-based lifestyle eg city living
- Cities, noise and electromagnetic pollution.
- Cell phones, microwave towers and appliances like televisions, microwave ovens and computers give off strong electrical fields.
What Stress Does To The Body
- STRESS WEAKENS IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Body is more susceptible to illness
- Overtime this can lead to disease
- STRESS KILLS – KILL STRESS
Why Stress Effects The Body
- Cortisol Vs Adrenaline (epinephrine)
- The adrenal glands are located just above the Kidneys
- They produce over 50 hormones
- Including stress hormones known as cortisol & adrenaline
Cortisol, What its Used For
- Waking Up in the Morning
- In response to ordinary events
- Regulate blood sugar
- Regulate blood pressure
- Create a balanced immune system
- Homeostasis – body temperature
What Should Happen During Stress
An individual is faced with a stressor.
A complex hormonal cascade ensues, and the adrenals secrete cortisol.
Cortisol & Adrenaline prepare the body for a fight-or-flight response by flooding it with glucose, supplying an immediate energy source to large muscles.
Cortisol & Adrenaline inhibit insulin production in an attempt to prevent glucose from being stored, favoring its immediate use.
Cortisol & Adrenaline narrow the arteries while the epinephrine increases heart rate, both of which force blood to pump harder and faster.
- Should only be produced in extreme circumstances
- Response to imminent danger
- A shooting sensation up the spine,Increased heart rate, Instantly alert
- Ready for action
- Enables you to take immediate physical action without thinking
- The individual addresses and resolves the situation.
- Hormone levels return to normal
Adrenaline & Cortisol become depleted through over stimulation
Adrenal glands are diminished
Difficulty getting out of bed for more than a few hours per day.
With each increment of reduction in adrenal function, every organ and system in your body is more profoundly affected.
Changes occur in your carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism, fluid and electrolyte balance, heart and cardiovascular system, and even sex drive.
Weight Gain, Reduced Immune System, Blood Sugars, Body Temperature
Detoxing From Stress
DIET - Support Immune System
SUPPLEMENTS - B-complex vitamins, vitamins A, C and E, manganese, zinc, chromium, selenium
EXERCISE –Release Built Up Tension/ Serotonin
DETOX – Remove excessive stress hormones
MASSAGE –Release Toxins From Cells
COLONIC IRRIGATION – Major toxin removal
RELAX / SWITCH OFF – Rest The Mind
Detoxing From Stress
- Adopting a natural whole-foods diet
- Drink high quality distilled water, not from the tap – 2 Litres per day
- 2,000 to 5,000 milligrams of vitamin C each day
- high strength B-complex supplement
- high quality fish oil
- Liqorice root extract and kelp to your diet
- Replacing toxic chemical products used around the house with non-toxic alternatives Getting lots of rest
- Exercising, Do one fun thing each day, time out, do nothing at all
- Remove negative people out of your life “A bad friend is worse than no friend”
- Remove Clutter from you home
- Have Colonic Irrigation Regularly