COLONIC IRRIGATION & ENEMA PREPARATION & AFTERCARE
To prepare for colonic irrigation, you should do the following:
A High Grade Pre-Probiotic is recommended after all colonic treatments. This is a very special type of probiotic which populates in the bowel and is protected against the gastric acid of the stomach. Available at Vitality Centre
- Fast for at least 2 hour in advance of your colonic irrigation treatment.
- Schedule your treatment on a day that you dont need to do very much. Because colonic irrigation exercises an involuntary muscle, you may feel very tired. Involuntary muscles require four times more energy than voluntary muscles.
- Make sure you get to bed early after your colonic irrigation treatment as your body will need a good rest.
- Prepare food which will easily move through the colon. The ideal foods to eat after colonic irrigation are vegetable soup, brown rice and vegetables, quinoa, fish and white meats.
- Avoid the large amounts of heavy white carbohydrates such as white bread, white pasta and white rice.
- Your colon drinks in water during the treatment so you will be hydrated. Keep hydration levels optimal by drinking at least 2 litres of water per day. This will keep your bowel moving.
- You may not need to pass any matter for 2 days after your colonic irrigation treatment. This is quite normal. If the bowel does not return to normal function after this time, you may need more treatments.
A clean liver reacts quickly to the affect of alcohol. Therefore, it is best to avoid alcohol after your treatment.
It is advisable to take a course of probiotics after and during a course of colonics. A probiotic is provided as part of your treatment at Dublin Vitality Center.